Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Very Dangerous Pastime

This pastime always gets me in trouble!! Always!!

What is this pastime you ask? Well, going into a bookstore. Yup, dangerous territory.

I went into Chapters today to get one of the books I need to read for the YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle hosted by Alyssa at The Shady Glade. We have reached the fourth round and I am judging a bracket with Jan from Eating YA Books. We are reading Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver which has beaten The Iron King, Eyes Like Sisters, and Brightly Woven in the first three rounds. Our second book is a mystery as it will be one of the previous books that lost it's bracket but is being revived for round 4! I am super excited to see which book it will be.


So, to get back to my original story....I went into Chapters to get this one book but of course they were having a buy three, get 1 free sale. (It's like they knew I was coming.) I had a $25 gift card so the damaged wasn't too bad but it was still worse than what I had planned. Here's what I got:

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (obviously)





The White Queen by Philippa Gregory




The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs




and...

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving




Looks like I'd better get busy.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Morgan said...

I hope you enjoy all the books you purchased. I'm reading Before I Fall right now also, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Alyssa said...

Ooh, I get in trouble with this all the time too! I really need to start staying away from bookstores...

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe