Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cliche Much?

I am the sad perpetuator of a cliche. Yes, unbelievable (at least to me) but true.

My mother-in-law and I don't always see eye to eye, in fact she often drives me up the wall. Now, don't me wrong, she is a super sweet woman who loves her son (and maybe me) and would do ANYTHING for us, but she can be super self-absorbed. We spent Saturday.....and Sunday without planning to up visiting for my father-in-law's birthday.

***At this point on Sunday evening I had quite a few more paragraphs written explaining what happened while visiting my in-laws, but after some time I do not want to post my anger.***

I just wish that, as my husband once said, my mother-in-law had seen the chance she had to have a good relationship with me, especially seeing as she as no daughters. But at this point in time it seems to get worse every time we get together. I would like to think of myself as a pretty nice person, someone who is easy to get along with, however, that does not seem to hold true when it comes to my mother-in-law. I am nervous for when we have children in the picture and we start to butt heads over how they should be raised. Plus, I know it bothers my husband that we don't get along all that well.

Hopefully in the future I will find a way to stand up for myself and not feel like I have to walk on eggshells when at my in-laws house....hopefully.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

oh dear...things always get more muddled when children enter the picture. You are the mother, though, my dear - you'll always know the right thing to do!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe