Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, July 26, 2010

Goodbyes


I attended a heartbreaking funeral today for a friend's husband who passed away last week. Listening to all the great things that were said about this man who was a son, a brother, a husband, a father, a friend and a firefighter was touching. Seeing the pain on the faces of his family and friends was heart wrenching. There were over a 100 firefighters in attendance today, and as the coffin left the church they lined the road. An honour guard, bag pipes and a fire engine led the processional through the street and the firefighters saluted the coffin as it passed. It was quite the sight.

I left today thinking that I will always say I love you to my friends and family. I will let them know how much they mean to me. I hope you do the same.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Goodbyes are so hard. The last goodbye was to my brother in Nov 2009 (not unexpected, so we had time to prepare). Still sad all the same.

SB said...

so so sad. was he young?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe