Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Round Four Winner!

Jan from Eating YA Books and I judged round four of the YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle hosted by Alyssa at The Shady Glade.


Jan and I read Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I enjoyed both books but throughout my reading I felt that there was a clear winner.


Before I Fall grabbed my attention immediately with it's interesting topic and twist on the usual story line of popular and unpopular kids in high school. I felt that the characters were well crafted and interesting to read about and I looked forward to see what was going to happen next.

I have been a long time fan of fantasy books and fantasy world so The Iron King was right up my alley. I throughly enjoyed the twist of the usual fey/faery story line with the addition of a modern take and an environmental concept. I did however, feel that this book would not have as wide an appeal as Before I Fall nor was the theme or moral (looking at from a teacher's perspective) as deep or significant. So....

...therefore, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is the winner!!

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe