Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome to Summer!!

Well, it's officially here...summer vacation. I am teaching summer school again this year, Grade 7 and 8 English, but there is a silver lining. This year's co-ordinator is HUGE on trips so between our 2 days at the movies, one day at an outdoor ed centre and one day shopping at St Lawrence market in Toronto I have only 10 real days of lessons to plan. Not so shabby!

I actually like teaching summer school because it keeps my routine going for at least a month, I get paid an indecent (a lot) of money for the work I actually have to do, and I still have my afternoons free. This year will be my last year, at least until the kiddo(s) are older but I will be able to bank a lot of the money from this summer to help next year when I am on maternity leave and getting little to no pay (unemployment only).

Other than that I have some weekends booked, a cottage in August with my parents and freedom until September!!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Emidy said...

Summer is great! It's good that you get your afternoons off and are making a lot of money. That's always nice!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe