Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, August 13, 2010

Nesting Much?

So maybe it's the pregnancy, maybe it's the long days of nothing to do (I can't go out for lunch everyday!) but I have been jonesing for my craftiness of late. My new obsession as been to scour the interwebs for craft blogs and possible sewing projects. (On a side note: I have owned a sewing machine for, count 'em, three years when my aunt gave it to me as a shower gift. It has yet to leave the box. There was no room at the apartment, it was packed away here at the house while we settled in and renovated, but it's day has come.)

I have quite a lot of projects lined up now and a few new blogs that I have been loving.

First up, I have wanted a purse organizer for what seems like forever. I switch purses often, twice maybe three times a week sometimes, and a purse organizer would make my life sooooo much easier. I found quite a few cute ones on etsy.com but the more I looked at them the more I realized "I could make that". And so my search for a pattern started. I found one here at Hope Studios and can not wait to get to the fabric store and get started.

I am also very interested in making baby stuff- diaper bag accessories, baby legs and an amazing puff quilt. I found quite a few blogs that specialize in fabulous moms who are crafting for their families and offer online tutorials for many of their creations. Here's what I have been checking out lately:

Make It and Love It
Check out the tutorial section....so much cuteness.

Make and Takes

Skip to My Lou

The Girl Creative

Lil Blue Boo

Honeybear Lane
This blog has a tutorial for an amazing puff quilt that I am dying to make for the baby!! My husband thinks it looks so comfy that if it turns out well I should do one for our room! (We'll see about that!) If you aren't the sewing type Honeybear Lane also has an etsy store where you can buy one of these amazing creations.

I can't wait to get started and show off all my new creations.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe