Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Planning, Planning, Planning

This was originally posted on September 1st, 2009

For some reason I am having a very difficult time concentrating and getting down to work to plan for next week. NEXT WEEK! Wow, I can't believe the students will be back at school next week. Where has the time gone.

I am wondering about why I am having such a hard time planning and creating lessons for the start of the year. Is it because I have done this 5 times before and it's old hat by now? Or is because for the first time in 5 years I am teaching a new grade and am not really sure what to expect since I have to start over from scratch? I am taking almost 1/3 of my Grade 7 students with me to Grade 8 on Tuesday so they will not be impressed if anything is a repeat. Not only will they not be impressed, they will be bored. And 24 bored 13 year-olds in a room is a recipe for disaster!

Well tomorrow and Thursday I am back in the school for two PA Days. Two long days of meetings and "development" and the Friday is off for an extra long weekend. Hopefully by then everything will have sunk in so that I am ready to go on Tuesday!

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Good luck beth; that is a tough grade! Hope the year is a good one for you.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe