Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So If You Haven't Been Posting....

....WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING??


I know, I know. I'm sorry. Do you ever get into one of those funks when you just don't feel like posting? No? Well, I do. But don't worry I have been keeping busy and documenting it all to show you!

August Break Challenge Photos: Aug 11th

First off, my husband was on vacation ALL last week so we spent tons of time together and got quite a bit accomplished.


In case you didn't know (and how could you unless I told you), I collect antique purses and have been thinking up this awesome display forever! We took Ikea frames without the glass and hung them on the wall, and them put hooks inside the frames, and VOILA! Purses! I want to hang a few more hook outside the frames for necklaces and scarves as well. Don't you love it?




My husband also got the nursery painted last week. It's just white-blue for now until we know if the baby is a boy or a girl (Aug 30th!!) and then we will add the appropriate colours etc!




Remember, it was that gross yellowish-white before and full of junk. Not anymore!

I have also been starting to stock up on baby stuff when it is on sale...you know, while I am still getting paid! yeah, for Mat leave and unemployment.


Diapers and formula! What's in the bag you ask? Well, I am glad that you did.


My fantastic grown-up looking ( no cartoon characters for me!) diaper bag, with....

...matching insulated snack/lunch bag!

 I also got some new books to read. And how did I obtain said books?

With my brand new library card!!!!!

I was so impressed with myself for knitting such fabulous baby booties, I moved on to a MUCH bigger project...an afghan. 


Can you see the size of those knitting needles? Size 50, people...they are HUGE!



I found the free pattern at Lion Bran Yarn, and order the wool from their website as well.



Finally, it's that time of year again. Time to start planning. I was hoping to get into my classroom next week to get a jump on setting up but it turns out it won't be ready until the 23rd....but! I am away that whole week at the cottage (yeah, cottage!!) and will only have THREE days to set up my room, GASP.







And now I am off to lunch with two other pregnant friends. Whew...I sure have been busy.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Emidy said...

Wow, you're one busy lady! I love that display you have for your purses - it's so unique! And many of those purses are so gorgeous... nice collection.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe