Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, September 6, 2010

Do You Ever Hate People?

I came home from the cottage last night to have one day free before heading back to school...what did I find?

Someone had come into my house and stolen my MacBook Pro laptop....with all my teaching resources and lessons plans.

Great.

Super fun.

Le sigh.

9 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Miss Remmers said...

OMG!!! That is AWFUL! As a fellow teacher and Mac lover I SO feel your pain!! Ugh! I can't even imagine! Good luck :/

StephTheBookworm said...

Wow, that's a bunch of BS. I am so sorry! A few years ago, someone broke into my house when me and my family were asleep and stole my purse, and my mom's purse. Some people really suck bigtime.

Cleverly Inked said...

I am so sorry that is terrible

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

OMG...how awful; so sorry beth

Emidy (Une Parole) said...

Wow, are you serious? That's so, so terrible! Some people... don't you just wish you could catch them and turn them in? That's so frustrating. Well, good luck with everything! I hope it works out.

Literacy Teacher said...

That is SO terrible!!

I was a 4th grade teacher for 4 years. It is a wonderful age. If you need any ideas, book recommendations, or helpful websites. Let me know!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Oh I am so sorry! I cannot imagine having all my teaching materials stolen; it feels almost worse than the laptop, which is probably insured.

Molly said...

I am SO sorry! I know how many hours of work that represents. Did you by any chance have them backed up to an external hard drive? I learned the hard way that I need to do that on a semi-regular basis.

Beth said...

Thanks to everyone who sent their good thoughts. I feel as though I have lost a part of myself without my laptop....it's a little crazy.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe