Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good Morning Weekend

I have done the right thing!

And doesn't that always feel good?

I am really glad with my decision to move to Grade 4 this year. Even though I know it will be a lot of work, planning and prepping (especially compared to teaching Grade 7 or 8 where I already had all the materials prepared) (especially considering I have lost all my of teaching resources when my laptop was stolen) but it's a challenge and I am liking it.

I can see that each day is going to be a whirlwind of questions, small bodies and mini-lessons. Everyday will involve a lot of long walks into the school from my portable to use the washroom, to go to the office, to eat lunch, etc.

But I must say that teaching fills fun again.

I think enjoying your job, feeling fulfilled at work and wanting to be there is very important to a healthy life. I know that your job isn't (or shouldn't be your life) but realistically a lot of people spend more time at their jobs than they do in the evenings at home with their family. If you don't like what you are doing you can very often bring your negativity home. This isn't good for anyone!

I know that I will only be a school and teaching Grade 4 for a short time this year due to the baby's imminent arrival but I really feel as though I will leave for my maternity leave re-energized for teaching, excited to be off with my baby but knowing that I have a great career waiting for me. I no longer feel angry to be at work. I no longer feel stagnant.

Don't you love when everything works out for the best?

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Miss Remmers said...

What an inspiring post! As a new teacher I completely understand, it's hard recreating everything but it is so fulfilling! I'm glad everything is going well.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe