Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, September 9, 2010

How Grade 4 Is Different From Grade 8

1) It took 90 minutes to create 1 bar graph today

2) Every time someone has a question they get up out of their desk and follow me around the room

3) When they are dismissed for recess everyone immediately has a story to tell me about their sister's dog who ran through their neighbour's yard last year, on Halloween, while wearing a lobster costume (or something to that effect)

4) They cheered when I said we were doing math

5) I wrote the students a letter about myself but left the answers blank so they had to guess the answers. When I told them to have fun and just guess we would take it up afterwards. At that point I was asked if I knew the answers. The answers to a letter I wrote about myself!

6) Two girls hugged me today before they left for the bus.

That never happened in Grade 8.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

oh grade four. To see hope and excitement in the children's eyes again! that's why I am not made for high school!!! Yay little leaches!

Literacy Teacher said...

I read these aloud to my husband and we were cracking up. You made my Friday night!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe