Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Date Night

My husband took me out to see Wicked last night and then for a great steak dinner. The tickets were purchased a few months back as my birthday present and I have been looking forward to it for months. Even though I still feel a mounting pressure at work and here at home to get everything done and have everything it its place, last night was exactly what I needed.

I had fun with my husband. I relaxed and let go of all the other worries I have and had fun.

It was great.

It just about 2 months we will have a baby here in our home, in our lives, and in our hearts. From everything I have heard from friends and family nothing is going to ever be the same again. I am excited for the baby to come and to join our lives. We have a date set to get maternity photos done, I have 2 baby showers in the next few weeks and our house is going to start filling up with baby stuff.

I am very nervous that my anxiety isn't going to go away before the baby comes and that I am going to go into motherhood a nervous wreck. The good news is that report cards are due in a week or so and that will be off my plate, but my very real concern is that I am going to continue to be anxious and feeling so overwhelmed. This isn't like me and I am hoping that this is all stemming from the crazy hormones in my body due to the pregnancy.

I am naturally a pretty confident person and this whole pregnancy- switching jobs thing seems to have thrown me for a loop.

I am so excited for my baby, I love my job, I am so happy that I switched schools and grade levels.  Now just to get back to my usual confident self.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe