Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lost: Inspiration and Motivation

Help!

I feel like I have lost my mojo.

I barely seem to read anymore.

I rarely write on my blog (and feel guilty about it everyday).

I am teaching less than stellar lessons to my Grade 4's.

Is this a pregnancy thing, or a fall rainy-day weather thing? Am I lost for good?

Where does one go to find inspiration?

I am feeling less like me everyday that I am pregnant. Nothing fits well. I am never comfortable.

I still have two months to go.

Le sigh.


I used to be able to get so much done in a day. SO. MUCH. People marvelled at my ability. Co-workers were envious of my multi-tasking skills. My husband just sat back and tried to stay out of my way.

Now, I am in bed at 8:30 (okay, I lie 7:30). I can barely walk the dog around the park once without wanting to die. Shopping holds no appeal for me because nothing will fit and even if it does I will be so tired and sore at the end of the day that I will wonder if it was worth going at all.

To make matters worse, I have become a complainer and am forcing all of you to read this (although really, you may have stopped by now, I would have).

So, I am search of some motivation. A bright, shiny star that will make me want to get up off my couch and get stuff done again. Got a story that can put a smile on my face? PLEASE, PLEASE share. And please tell me this is a temporary, pregnancy induced feeling that will go away?

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Brian DeWagner said...

Oh my...let's start by saying you're always lovely (yes, I said lovely, a man said that) even when your down trodden.

Although I am nowhere near a doctor I am prescribing you this...

A book tour.

That's right...a book tour. This is how it works. IT will take time, and a little money, but what is the salvation of you soul worth?

You need to find book stores you've never been to...far and wide...you take your tired little teaching ravaged body and you leave Friday night after work...you hunt for bookstores...you spend entire evenings in them...you stay overnight...you sit in the children's section and read, read, read, until you come home with an entire book shelf of thing you love beyond measure...

In Brooklyn I spent most of my time in bookstores and I fought this urge of guilt...like I should be doing something else...then I reminded myself that I loved a busy city street outside and me in a well-lighted nook in a stellar bookstore more than almost anything.

Book tour my Beth...fill yourself back up to the brim.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe