Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Behold the Sickness- Part 2

Well, things took a crazy turn here in the land of sickness on Friday night.

I had left to go home to my parents for a curling bonspiel in memory of my aunt who passed away 4 years ago. The money collected goes to buy books and other resources for local school in her memory as a librarian and teacher. Needless to say, it is a cause near to my heart.

When I arrived at my parent's on Friday night my cell phone rang with a call from my husband. He was feeling worse than ever, he thought his fever had spiked and  was concerned that he was hallucinating. I was 3 1/2 hours away. We tried Telehealth Ontario (50 minute wait to speak to a nurse), called his cousin (he had been drinking and wasn't sure he should drive), and finally decided on 911. I let my husband go to call 911, I called his parents to update them because they are only 40 minutes away and then called my husband back.

The ambulance was on its way, as was his cousin who had decided that maybe he was okay to drive. I was feeling really guilty about leaving even though he had been fine all day Friday when we were at home together. Not to mention the fact that my husband had convinced me to leave the dog with him.

To make a long story short- my husband was admitted to the hospital on Friday night and kept there until 7pm on Saturday. I was 3 1/2 hours away at a curling bonspiel upset, guilty and worried about the dig who was now alone in our house. Mike's cousin was our rock all day Saturday as he went over to walk and feed the dog, picked him up from the hospital and generally be a support. Mike is now on IV antibiotics and has to go to the clinic each night after work to get more meds.

Whew...all that in 24 hours.

I am a little worried about catching this pneumonia/strep A/ flu from Mike especially as I am already feeling run-down, I have a cough that burns my throat and chest and I can't seem to stay awake for very long.

I am happy that the dog doesn't seem any worse for wear, nothing in the house was chewed or destroyed and he seems to have survived his weekend alone in the house!

Ahh winter, you are so not fun!

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe