Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, December 3, 2010

Behold the Sickness

Sickness. The Cold. The Flu. Blah. Whatever you want to call it, it has taken control over our home. My husband has been sick in bed for three days now. At first I thought he was just being a big baby (because that's how he is when he is sick) but yesterday he woke up for the third morning with a high fever, chills and informed me he had been hallucinating all night. So I thought to myself, maybe this is something.

It was too late for me to take the day off work so I dropped him off at the emergency room and made him promise to call me. I heard from him occasionally throughout the day with rather alarming news.

"They think I have a blood disease. They put green stickers all over my chart."

"I am in the paediatric wing. I don't know why."

"It's been 6 hours. I am still here."

"They are now taking x-rays."

And finally....

"I have a very bad flu, a lung infection with some fluid in my right lung that could develop into pneumonia."

Whoa.


So I have been sleeping in the guest room (needless to say) and having a rough time of it myself. I have reached the size where everything hurts al the time, so a different bed has not been good. I have tried the couch as well as it worked in the past when I couldn't sleep, but it seems to have abandoned me as well. I am also feeling a tad cold and fluish- coughing, achy, sneezing, etc. Hopefully, I am not headed down the same path as my husband.

What are we going to do when the baby is here? How do people get through a crisis like this when ever able-bodied adult in the house is sick and there is still a tiny youngster to watch over. Life is about to get a whole lot more complicated.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

oh indeed it will - and if it's anything like my house - you will not be permitted to be ill ever...life will just keep keeping on...no feeling sorry for, let alone stopping, for the mommy!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Oh NO! Feel better soon please.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe