Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Letter to My Baby- #1


Dear baby,


(First, I have noticed that almost everyone class you by your planned name except for your daddy and I. I still call you baby. I wonder why that is?)


I am in the waiting stage for you to come. I am very excited, nervous and as always, tired. My Christmas vacation has started which means I have three weeks until your expected due date...if all goes to plan. But that's really up to you. Your room is ready and it's awesome (if I may say so myself). I have fallen in love with purple this year and hopefully, the ultrasound is right and you are indeed a lovely little girl. If not, well then my darling boy- we will paint as soon as possible!


We have hit a little snag in the plans this past week. My belly has always been quite small during this pregnancy for you, but we have reached a point where my measurements are not matching the timeline. Last week my midwife expressed some concern about this and decided that I need to go for an ultrasound. I have had another midwife appointment since then and the concern is still there. Needless to say, I have been a little upset and worried about you love all week. The ultrasound is tomorrow and I am really hoping that some of my worry is elevated.


In situations like this the Internet is not your friend, child of mine. While it is a great source of information that is helpful and useful it can also drive you crazy with the what if's. I wouldn't say that I am worrier, per se, but I need to know what is going on. You will see all about this when you are here. Your mom is a planner, an organizer. I am sure you will jump on the band wagon and make jokes about my label maker. Don't worry, I'll still love you loads.


I have asked everyone I can think of that has any kind of medical knowledge about this. Pretty much everyone doesn't think it is a huge worry. You are still kicking and moving all the time! Boy, do you ever. Sometimes it really hurts. You can apologize for that when you are older. The midwife thinks your heartbeat is perfect, my blood pressure is perfect, and hasn't really expressed a great deal of concern.


So here is what I am asking you...please keep kicking all night tonight. Please move a tonne. Please be okay tomorrow at the ultrasound. I already love you so much and I just want to meet you.


Love, your mom

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe