Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, December 31, 2010

One More Day

Only one day left 2010! How do you feel about that?

You have been a whirlwind of a year. At times fast, slow, challenging, frustrating, exhilarating....and so much more.

I made the decision to leave the school where I had taught for 4 years. Where I was comfortable and knew everyone. Where I was established and could organize the things I wanted to. Leaving was the best decision I have made yet in my career.

I am now at a school where I can be open about my interests in professional development and becoming a better teacher without anyone scoffing or rolling their eyes. I can join a team that's working together to organize an event rather than have to convince people to please, please, please just read the email about the event...it's all organized they just have to come. I am happy everyday at work.

This was the year my husband and I decided to try and have baby. And we did try.... once. Made the decision in March and was pregnant in April. Now my due date is only 9 days away.

I choose to track all the books I read this year by title, author, genre and page amount to see how much I really read. I joined a few reading challenges, something that was totally new to me. I was on pace to successfully complete those challenges and break my previous record of total amount of books read. Then my laptop was stolen and I lost all my data. Well, 2011 is another year I suppose.

I let my hair grow back out long again.

I decided to stand up for myself when people in my life make snarky comments and try to walk over me.

I am working on ignoring unsolicited advice and people telling me how my life will be. (This is will continue into 2011).

I started slacking on my blog....oops! I will try to be better once the baby is here and I have so many wonderful things to tell you about her.

I am even more in love with my husband as each new day arrives.

Nesting has created a purger out of me and my house is getting de-junkified a little at a time.

I re-discovered my love for crafting things and plan to devote more of my time to this in the future.

I am ready for 2011. Bring on the baby. Bring on the mat leave. Bring on more life. I am loving every minute.


PS: While you are here...check out my Reading Challenges for 2011. 

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Miss Remmers said...

This post makes me happy! Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

Thanks Miss Remmers!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Can't wait to see the new little blogger for 2011...LOL

SB said...

you sound like me. gotta love hubbies and nesting and crafts...in the words of one great bethany, le sigh...

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe