Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, December 19, 2010

To Challenge or Not to Challenge- That is the question

I have been struggling with the decision of whether or not I want to sign up for any reading challenges this year or not. I was so into my challenges during 2010 and was scrupulously organized and kept fantastic records..... then my lap top was stolen with all my records and organization. I lost my reading challenge mojo.

This year I am wondering if I want to sign up for any at all.

These are the challenges that have caught my eye so far:

Book Junkie's Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge- because being on mat leave means a lot less money to buy books

My Overstuffed Bookshelf's 100+ Reading Challenge- because I think I broke 100 books this year, but after I lost my records I can't be sure.

Bart's Bookshelf's The TwentyEleven Challenge- I just like it

So I have a few days left to make my decision...to challenge or not to challenge. I am worried with the baby's arrival I will feel too stressed about the challenges and attempting to finish. On the other hand I will be home most of the time and be able to read.

Any advice?

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe