Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friends...wow

There is nothing better than good friends. Except maybe my baby...okay, my baby is definitely better but friends (and family) rank a very close second.

I have received so much support and love from all corners since giving birth to Avery my heart hurts.

I have long said that you know if you have a good friend when you can go days, weeks, months and even years without talking and then when you do find yourself talking again it's like no time has passed at all. That's exactly what it has been like with my friend Brian. We met many, many moons ago when I was just a mere 15 years old...seriously that's like 16 years ago! Wow. We worked together at a summer camp for just one summer, two short months and yet here we are still friends. There were many, many years where we lost touch and had a thousand different experiences but have somehow managed to reconnect through the magic of blogging and Facebook.

I have been reading Brian's blog, The Zoey Blog, for awhile now and have made it one of my life's goal to be as good a parent as Brian and his wife, June, are to their beautiful little girl Zoey. And here I am in my second week of being a mom and there is Brian already cheering me on. 

Thanks friend.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

did you blog about your birth, yet? can you email me about it when you get the chance? I am curious how your labour was...

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe