Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Knowledge is Power

Some things I have learned in the 4 days since I became a mom:

1. You can survive on very little sleep.

2. A banana can be considered a meal.

3. Breastfeeding is hard. Very hard. (And kind of hurts at the start)

4. Midwives are angels brought to earth by the gods.

5. My baby is so beautiful it breaks my heart.

6. My mom is a lifesaver. I will never be able to thank her enough. Ever.

7. I love my baby more now than when I started this post.

8. Too many people want to visit (and kind of expect to be able to) too soon.

9. Water. I drink a lot of it.

10. Epidurals are your friend.

And.....

11. My baby has completely stolen my heart.



2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

StephTheBookworm said...

So precious!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Adorable. And a lovely post. The most overwhelming thing for me was to realize that the way I feel for my daughter is how strongly my parents feel for me!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe