Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcome to the World Baby Girl!

I am super happy to announce the birth of our baby girl, Avery Grace. She arrived late Sunday night, at 11:18 pm, on her due date (I love that she is already as organized and on a schedule as her mom!, LOL) She weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz and we think she is perfect.


First cry in warmer.


Look how alert I am!


My sister, the proud auntie!


Proud papa...a little blurry, sorry!


Look how proud she is! I am so happy my sister was there to be with me.


Big yawn.


Funny face.


Daddy.


Kahne meets his baby for the first time. He has been so good with her, we are super proud of him too!


My mom has come to stay for the week and she is just a proud Grandma.

Well, that's all for now. I will try to post more when I can stay awake for more than an hour or so at a time, but I must say I think this might be the best thing I have ever done. I can't believe how in love I am already. 

I now know what people mean when they say that having children is like letting your heart walk outside of your body. 

4 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Molly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Avery is adorable and I know she is a true blessing.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Beth, your baby girl is beautiful. Love the name. Wishing you all much happiness.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Welcome to the mom club. I always say having my daughter is the best thing I've ever done. Do get some sleep and take care of yourself. Congratulations and get ready for the most wonderful ride of your life!

zetor said...

Many congratulations to you all!!! Enjoy your little one.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe