Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Routine? What

So I am an organized person. I like my day to go as planned. I like to know what's going to happen in my day and when it is going to happen. I like to be able to plan ahead for any emergencies or unexpected occurrences.

I am not good at the unknown.

That is not to say that I am not flexible, I am. I can go with the flow...as long as I know ahead of time that going with the flow is the plan. Does that make sense?

Having a 7 week old baby, who has no routine that is even remotely similar to the day before is driving me crazy. I worry. I fret. I think, and think, and think.

She is supposed to go three hours between feeds--- yet most of the time it's only been 2.

She can sleep for up to 6 hours at night without a feed. But sometimes it's only 3 hours.

She has started to escape from her swaddle when asleep and doesn't always like it. However, her arms and legs flail at an alarming rate when she is not swaddled and it wakes her up.

She is the most beautiful thing I have even seen. Period.

Being a mom is wonderfully frustrating. Wonderfully.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

aw...yes. My whole sense of normalcy and routine was wildly disturbed with miss e. ... and then the whole 'training' thing...that's another ball of wax altogether...

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe