Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day- Retro Style

First...I meant to post this yesterday but the day just got away from me...

Four years ago my St. Patrink's Day celebrations were much different from this year's.


It was just a few short months before our wedding and we were having our Buck and Doe...obviously this meant a trip to the Beer Store.


Mike and I in our St. Paddy's Day finery.


Antics in the kitchen...alcohol may have played a part in this picture.


Celebrating with good friends.


Many people had a good time. Some people had too good of a time.


Mike entertains his mother in law to be!!


The best man.


College friends reunited.

There are many, many pictures...we could be here all day. I can't believe it's been four years since that day...time sure does fly. I wouldn't change anything about the last four years, the good or the bad. However, this year's celebrations were much more low key, in fact I didn't really even remember. I did, however, get to spend the day with a beautiful little girl.



Both days were fun, but I wouldn't trade this year's for that day four years ago. It's amazing to me how much our life changes. When Mike and I were married we were pretty convinced that we didn't want children and stuck to our guns for three years. Then last year, while away on March Break with my best friend I really started to think about. I watched families on the beach in Florida and I realized that I wanted that too.

Best. Decision. Ever.

0 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe