Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Monday, April 18, 2011

40 bags in 40 days...hmmm, I love me some purging

I recently read a post over at the Little Lucy Lu blog about a challenge called 40 bags in 40 days. The idea is to purge your house of 40 bags of unnecessary stuff in 40 days. The challenge originally calls for this to be done during the 40 days before Easter (Lent) however, I have already missed that boat! I am just going to start now and purge, purge, purge for the next 40 days.

Bec over at Little Lucy Lu created a list of all the places she would be purging from and since I also love making lists I am just going to jump on that bandwagon as well!  My husband and I actually started some spring cleaning and purging on Saturday so I am going to back track my list to include all that great work we did on the weekend!

1. Kitchen pantry
2. Microwave cart
3. Cupboard above the fridge
4. Cupboard above the stove
5. Silverware drawer
6. Utensils drawer
7. Cupboard to the left of the sink
8. Cupboard to the right of the sink
9. Pre-Maternity clothes
10. School resources stored at home
11. Craft supplies
12. Cupboard between the stairs
13. Credenza in guest room
14. Bookshelves in guest room (x 3)
15. Storage area beside the freezer
16. Blue trunk in the basement
17. Underneath the bathroom sink
18. Shelves in the laundry room
19. Boxes in the laundry room
20. School resources in the basement
21. Paper trail in the kitchen
22. Paper basket in the living room
23. Entertainment unit in the living room
24. Book shelf in the living room
25. Bar area
26.

Well, maybe not 40 bags! That's all I can think of at this point but I am totally sure I will come up with more as I start the cleaning and purging. I am going to attempt to get it done in 40 days but if I don't make my deadline than I will just extend it. I mean really, what's really going to happen if it takes me longer? Nothing!!

I am already looking forward to a much cleaner, less cluttered house!

7 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Brian DeWagner said...

Hey...that's a stellar idea~!

Brian DeWagner said...

Hey, that's a stellar idea!!

Beth said...

Thanks Brian! Getting rid of old crap is very freeing I think!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Go, Beth, Go!
(And thanks for the link back!)
I appreciate it MUCHO! :-)
~Bec

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

It feels good doesn't it??

SB said...

I am doing what I call 356 items in 356 days. That's right, I've made it my mat leave goal to purge every room, every cupboard and every pantry of all things excessive and unnecessary. Let's just hope my hubby doesn't disagree with what I deem junk.

Beth said...

SB- That's pretty much my idea too. I've really started to notice all the extra junk now that I am home all the time to see it! Plus with baby stuff coming in all the time we need more room.

How's the little one?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe