Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Look What I Can Do!

I finished!! My first knitting project that is NOT a rectangle and I am super impressed and proud of myself. I feel like I am on a bit of a high and just want to keep on knitting and knitting and knitting! The possibilities are endless....

Remember it looked like this a few days ago...



and then it looked like this...


Finally, after some sewing together of the pieces it looks like this...


It's a bunny!!

I can't wait to make more for my sweet little girl.

I found this pattern from Lion Bran Yarn. They have a great site where you can access free patterns, buy yarn and other supplies and even watch videos to help you learn more about knitting and crochet.

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is the sweetest bunny. Congrats on having talent.

Beth said...

Thanks Diane! It's mostly just reading a pattern and following instructions. It's like my mom always says "If you can read, you can cook." Knitting is about the same!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Great blog! And thanks for finding me!
I'm a teacher, too!
My little one is 2 1/2 now, but I stayed home with her the first year, too ...
(going back was awful - luckily, I only work half-days now - teaching kindergarten)
So nice to meet you here!
~Bec

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe