Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, April 1, 2011

Stats and Other Interests

I find looking at the stats of my blog endlessly interesting. It never ceases to amaze me that people out there are at all interested in what I have to say and even more fascinating is that many of the page views are for posts from the past...how do people find this posts unless they are followers and want to look back? Interesting, interesting.

I really do wish that people would comment more on my blog. I never really seem to have too many comments except for the dedicated few (SB, Diane, etc) that have followed from the beginning. I think a part of it may be that my blog is about nothing these days. When I first started writing and reading blogs I was mostly interested in doing so in order to find other books bloggers and I posted about my own reading. My blog and it's contents have evolved and I totally understand that the book bloggers out there that I used to converse with so frequently may not be so interested in what I am saying these days since it so rarely (or never) has anything to do with books.


I have been thinking quite a lot about my blog and what it is about. Like my title says, it's about thinking and mostly what I think...but is that enough to really get people interested enough to follow my blog and to comment on a regular basis? It seems not. I think I have fallen off on the frequency with which I comment on other people's blog and that may have lead to the decrease in new followers, as well as the comments coming in from current followers. I am sorry for that. I think I will make it my new goal to comment on at least one blog everyday. If I want people to comment on my blog than I should be commenting on their as well.


I have found myself reading and following a lot more blogs that have to do with parenting, children, and crafting these days. It seems my interests have shifted with my new lot in life as a stay at home mom. More often than not these days I am looking for an outlet with which to express myself and to keep my mind working. I am very used to being busy, busy, busy and sometimes I find that staying here at home with my lovely baby just isn't as mentally stimulating as one would hope. Of course there are the days where I couldn't possible think about anything but the baby but those hard days are becoming fewer and fewer as I get more confident and the baby gets older. There are many days now that I find myself wanting to more in between the feedings and play times with Avery. 


If someone asked me what my blog was about, what would I say? What would you say if asked?

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Beth, it is only natural that as our lives change so do our interests. I'm sure with a new addition there is less time for reading, but people are still interested in what is important to you. Just post about what seems to some naturally, and I'm hoping that is a few photos and maybe an occasional post about books.

My blog is definitely about books, but I like to try to make it a little personal as well....for me that is a mix that seems to work.

Tina's Blog said...

Don't feel bad about the comments...I don't get tons either. And, for what it's worth, I enjoy reading your blog whether it's about books or just life in general.

Beth said...

Thanks Diane and Tina! I will definitely try to post more about my reading and books. I haven't in a loooong time and even though the baby has slowed my reading down I am still going at it!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe