Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, May 6, 2011

Moms, Moms, Moms

From the moment I discovered I was pregnant I knew that my relationship with my mother would change, and change for the better. Looking back on the first months (you know, being in Avery's fourth month makes those days seem soooo long ago! LOL) I couldn't have made it through without my mom.

She came to stay for the whole first week of Avery's life. She cooked, she cleaned, she reassured, she cuddled and hugged (both Avery and me), she was a life-saver. Then when the second week of Avery's life was coming to an end and my husband was supposed to be heading back to work and I would be alone with Avery for the first time- she came back again. I had a melt down and she responded just like she always has. After that she was there for every question, worry, concern over the phone, email and Skype. I have never felt alone or without my mom once since I had my baby.

I have the utmost confidence that I will be a pretty good mom because I learned from one of the best. She has been a teacher, a confidant, a support, a coach, a shoulder to cry on, a mom.

She has taught me how to work hard for what I want.

She taught me how to read and love it.

She taught me to shop, and shop, and shop!

She is my friend.

Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love more than ever and hope that one day Avery feels about me the way I feel about you.

2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beth.

Lovely words and thoughts, expressed with care and love.

love Mom

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Lovely Post Beth. Hoping your mom's day was special as well.

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe