Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I Have Learned Since Becoming a Mom

A few other bloggers out there have been posting today about the things they have learned since they became a mom, and I really like the idea. Here are my additions to the ever-growing list!

I have learned that...
1. Nothing is done on my time schedule any more.

2. I could kiss my baby's cheeks all day and never get tired of it or feel that I have kissed her enough.

3. Baby burps as a result of baby formula smell really bad.

4. A lot of my life revolves around poop. Did she poop enough? Too much? Not enough?

5. Staring at my baby is a bona fide recreational activity.

6. Parenting is stressful 25 hours-a-day (nope, that's not a typo).

7. Watching my parents become grandparents is super fun.

8. Babies create a lot of laundry.

9. My dog did become "just a dog". But I love him with the whole portion of my heart reserved for dogs.

10. I almost like shopping for baby clothes more than shopping for "me" clothes. Almost.


11. You can never take enough pictures of your baby.

12. Friends without babies don't really get it, even if they think they do.

13. My husband is a great dad and a fantastic husband.

14. Coffee is your friend. Your best friend.

15. Buying picture books never makes me feel guilty.

16. I want time to slow down and go faster at the same time.

17. My heart hurts when I look at Avery. She's mine, all mine.

18. Life is better with babies.

3 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Great list and all of it is true. Imagine what it's like when they get a bit older and can TALK to you!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Love your "What I've learned..." post, too! :-) I'm SO totally with you on #10! :-)
~Bec

SB said...

I am a huge fan of numbers 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17 and 18...

who knew our hearts could swell so much and be so full of both love and longing all at once?

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe