Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life in Fast Forward

Wow, things have been very busy here in the Lyons' household. Summer is officially here, the weather is beautiful and tomorrow is Canada Day! Avery and I have big plans to head south and spend the day with my best friend in St Mary's. The hubby will be enjoying our nation's birthday in style at The Tragically Hip concert (jealous!) and then we have a fun evening out with friends on Saturday.

I haven't been blogging very much this week, either here or at my teaching blog because I am in the midst of quite a few projects. My online course is coming to a head and my cumulative task is due in 2 weeks so that's been sucking up quite a bit if my time. I have some personal projects on the go as well but I think they'd be better shown in pictures!!

First, we learned how to sit up all by ourself!

Then we learned a new facial expression...bottom lips in!

We visited Papa and Gram...love them!

First real try in a Jolly Jumper. Loved. It.

Gram seems to have forgotten how to feed babies...

Getting better with practice.

How about we try a real cup for drinking?

Notice the tongue out technique?

Gram really thought it was funny...we think this picture is funny.

And this one is even better!! (Sorry, Mom...but I love this pic and had to post it!)

On top of all that excitement, we started "solids" this week! Yummy sweet potatoes homemade by me.

Ready for the freezer.

Single servings.

The verdict? Delicious!

Next week? Green beans!

Or maybe peas!

Yummy!

Since drinking from a real cup didn't go so well we thought a sippy cup might be a better route.


And to top it off, I am sewing a rag quilt for one friend's baby, and...


knitting an afghan for my cousin's baby! Notice the yarn? It's pom poms! Fun.

And that's why there has been little blogging happening around here!



2 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Avery is just too darn gorgeous! What a great series of photographs! I too like the one of your mom with her, it's so natural and the love really shows

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a beautiful baby. He really truly is:)

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe