Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Friday, July 15, 2011

One and half months...

That's it. That's all I have left of my maternity leave and being home everyday with my beautiful baby girl. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. I am very excited, and a little ready, to go back to work in September but I know I will miss, miss, miss my baby everyday. Man, am I going to live for Saturdays and Sundays. I also know that I am very lucky to live in Canada where we get a year off for maternity leave and that it is my choice to go back to work after only 8 months. Believe me, I know how lucky this is. It's hard to think that is some places in the world women are back to work after a mere 6 or 8 weeks. Those poor mommas and their poor babies. I would have hated to miss this early time in my baby's life, but I also understand that for many people staying home isn't an option because after all, their family needs to eat too.

One and a half months...so much of that time is already filled up with places to go and people to see. It's going to be over before I know it. I feel like Avery has already grown up so much. She is way bigger than when she was born, way stronger, does a lot more interesting things. Sometimes I feel like her babyhood is slipping away too fast. I also suppose that all moms feel like this.

As much as I want to go back to work and am looking forward to it I wonder if I will actually be ready for it when the time gets here? I wonder.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

Holy!!! I cant believe how time flies!!! Good luck with the transition!!!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe