Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, August 21, 2011

So Whatcha Been Doin'?

Life has been busy!! Busy Busy Busy!

Summer is coming to a close which means that I only have 2 weeks left of my mat leave and being home with my baby everyday. I am starting to plan for the upcoming school year but am also procrastinating it at the same time. It's almost like if I don't get stuff ready then the time won't go by...silly I know! But truth be told the school year is on my mind a lot and I have started to type stuff up and get read to go back...a little sad, and a little excited.

When I think back on this summer the best memory will be the time we spent at the cottage. I think that was a huge turning point for Avery has she grew so much in the time that we were there and has become such a grown up baby in the weeks we have been home since going. I know it's been forever but here are some pictures of our time at the cottage...


Bowl on my head....funny baby!



First ever fever...sad baby.


Mom and baby time


Hanging with aunty and Simon


Look at my hat!


Let's go to the beach with Papa





Happy baby!




Swimming baby!


Happy to be done swimming!



Hanging with the grandparents


I love my little pool!



Tired baby.

I just love her. A lot.

In other news, Friday was my birthday and I made the peanut butter chocolate pie that I posted about last week as my "birthday cake". SB also made it after reading the blog post and we decided to share our thoughts. I liked the pie but found it a little rich... also I made it the day of because the recipe said it would set in three hours...or overnight. Overnight is better. Next time I think I might half the sweetened condensed milk and leave out the layer of melted chocolate in the crust, but overall it was delicious. I highly recommend it!




1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

In a bake-off you'd win!!! Hands down:) well done!!!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe