Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Multi-tasking Mom

Well I am three weeks in. Three weeks of being a working mom and it is tough! I am lucky that right I have a student teacher so really I am not teaching the full day and therefore not planning or prepping a full day but it's still tough. I have always been the type of teacher (and person) who if I am going to do something I am going to do it well. This means that Is pend a to of time creating lessons and activities for my classroom. It's something I fell is important to do and something that I choose to do.

Now that I have a baby at home I want to spend all of the time with her that I can which means something has got to give somewhere. So far it has been blogging (not too much of that going on), knitting (very little of that going on), and reading (only for as long as I can keep my eyes open at night). I come home from work and spend the precious few hours I have with Avery before she goes to sleep and then once she is asleep I do any school work that is needed. I must say I am getting better at using my school time to get work done (less lunches int he staff room) and prioritizing what actually needs to be done. I know, however, that the time is going to come when the thing that's gotta give is how much time at home I spend on school stuff. And that's okay.

That's life and Avery is way more important.

I just hope when the day comes I remember and don't give myself a stress attack because I can't do it all. Up until now I have been able to do it all. I am not trying to be egotistical, I just have always been a very efficient person who can get a lot of things done in one day. I am great at making lists. My mom says I made lists as a kid. It's my nature! I want to be able to do it all and do it well.

But maybe one day soon that just won't be realistic.

1 Thinks and Thoughts of Others:

SB said...

I agree. No one tells us how hard it is! it's hard! you're doing awesome! take care of yourself!

Last Words...

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe